Monday, August 17, 2009

What's a Toilet Flange?

We've got a workshop coming up on August 20, covering Home Emergency Planning and Plumbing and Bathroom Maintenance.

Not at the same time, lol.

The first hour will feature Glenda Bobalik, executive director of The American Red Cross in Northeast Tennessee. She'll be presenting the Home Emergency Planning portion.

The second hour features Chad Head, ETSU maintenance supervisor. His portion covers the plumbing. I had the pleasure of going to Lowe's today and purchasing materials he needed.

It was an adventure. I know nothing (emphasis on NOTHING) about plumbing, and I was looking for toilet flanges (pronounced flan-GEEZ?), chrome-plated brass traps, wax rings with bolts and other confusing implements that basically ensure the water goes down the hole.

Lucky for me, the nice young lady working in the plumbing section knew where everything was and could lead this big dumb man in the tie to the exact parts I needed.

I'm thinking I need the maintenance training more than any of the participants.

Oh well. Hope to see you Thursday!

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment